Wednesday, September 3, 2008

protraction.

Today was pretty ordinary, similarly simple - and I did go to uni, on time! Sides classes and quiz, I got home early and decided it was the most ideal time for some gruelling massage on my weak ankle. As I have mentioned before, my ankle has always been injured and I just kept on playing - the young man's passion. You know from my past experience, you should visit the massage master only when you are feeling high up the sky and sheer buoyancy aplenty. Or else, you probably won't eat for the entire day.
.
Today was somehow pretty satisfying, feeling great and I headed for the sifu without hesitance. Dad says its rare to find a sifu like him these days, who truly masters martial arts for medicine to cure all sorts of injuries, and knows precisely which joint is displaced and exactly where to relocate it (without the x-ray indeed!) - not forgetting the 3-second "pain of your life". As usual a human line is always present right from the entrance of the "nightmare" room till the doorstep of the exit. Outside that room hangs a modest-looking banner written in mandarin "If you come and see me, you will endure some pain but you must trust me. If you trust me, i assure that you will heal immediately. So if you come come and see me, you will heal immediately. (Chain Argument) Today, i observed that some came with strained backs, another with an awfully bloated foot and even a wheel chaired-bound old lady, not knowing what ailment struck her. But one thing similar between all of us here - every soul who makes it out of that room did it with a terrifying yell first. Every time I hear one, my heart starts pounding faster than the footsteps of the historical Usain Bolt (Metaphor).
.
Well to cut it short, it was my turn and I survived and was elated to look forward to a stronger ankle, in which it is back to sports! Before I left, sifu warned me beforehand, again in mandarin: "If you restrain yourself and rest for another 2 weeks, i guarantee your long-term internal ankle injury will heal completely. So you better listen to me and rest for 2 weeks, then you will be healed. (Modus ponens/ Affirming the antecedent). I went home with great joy knowing that my weak ankle finally would be healthy again. I promised myself to control for the next 2 weeks. And now I'm happily spreading the good o' news (;

2 comments:

melissakeong said...

eh you taking discrete maths also har? all your moden ponens and stuffs, i'm learning it here too. and you beter stay away from your passion until your weak and poor ankle heals! if you do not do so, then you will suffer pain in future.(implication) =P

hanj said...

haha currently i have extra patience. i just went for physiotheraphy or simply, "urutan" so i'd rest a week more and see how it goes. and no, its critical thinking.