Thursday, September 4, 2008

nature's lights

.
I just came back from an awesome meeting and also looking forward to my final post entry for this memorable critical thinking assignment. The meeting was fruitful due to a successful brainstorming session by my adult buddy. This meeting is for a church evangelistical event by the Youth, which emphasizes on dynamics and creativity. To my delight, the whole planning session reminded me on the brainstorming topic I learnt in critical thinking tutorial. It was just right for me since I was out of ideas for my 8th and last blog post.
.
Anyway, our theme is The Art Of Living - which is, four (most common) ways of living our lives to the fullest. As everyone were looking confused when our facilitator, Benny swiped out an oak leaf. It was the whole initial process of brainstorming - the 3-minute warm-up exercise. Instantaneously, our flexible mind were geared for the real planning itself. Startling, ingenious ideas started flowing like Niagara Falls (metaphor); some even crazy and ridiculous, but all jotted down on the whiteboard by Benny. The best were picked eventually and together with its own unique titles, and all of us committee members agreed with - Let Go, Let God (there are things just beyond our control and sometimes we just have to trust and let God handle the situation); Weak Is The New Strong (our response might look like losers to most people but that is the best way of responding in reality); Alone Without You (many people feel by having all kinds of social life, it means they are on the right track but what they really need are true friends, and it doesn't require many) and; (im)perfect (the title it self described - either you feel imperfect or otherwise; accepting who we are and what we have/are given). With the base idea accomplished successfully, we can therefore build on it and anticipate a really good show.
.
I have mixed feelings about this last post - something i have previously so look forward to, and presently, it is like separating from a freshly-known friend, and it will end here. I always like to insert something distinctive or unrelated in things i do. For my conclusion, i decided on the inclusion of a soothing scenery snap. It somehow portrays my emotions (just like how the sun ray reflect upon the path) and it, at the same time, is presented in a simple way - no complications. Personally, there is a reason for everything we do and whatever happens - why i chose a pure black backdrop for the blog, why white texts for my final post, why I chose not to argue with a random sarcastic person on the way home etc. Life doesn't have to be too "high-tech" and sophisticated; plain simple will look equally fascinating. I cherished this short, and simple 8 days of blogging, in which not only helped me to be still and think deeper about our daily doings, also gave me more knowledge on critical thinking, in which I previously overlooked. Thank you too for spending time on my site Mdm. Jessica. You must be feeling all relieved its finally over. Checking out :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good to see you on your blogging feet (:

and jung, thx for ye b-day msg. appreciated it.

ps. do remove the word verification thingy under settings-comments.

melissakeong said...

hey, why must it end here? i'm already craving to linger..

hanj said...

Hey thanks! nah not planning to start. for assignment's sake bout found it pretty interesting, if not borin' :)