Thursday, August 5, 2010

Face Your Giants

The day has been a gloomy one, and I somehow always feel good being under this weather. I watched this movie Facing The Giants, a Christian movie about a school football coach, facing defeats after defeats, in football, in life. And seeing how he changed his mindset and approach, and watching how his obedience and his resilience turned his life around - from consecutive football losses into winning the State championship, from being considered to be fired to an inspired and respected coach, from being unable to produce to having an unexpected child, from having headaches with a broken car to being rewarded with a brand new one.

Giants of every kind step in our way each and every day, at every moment of our walk in life. We keep telling ourselves we can't do it, we can't take it anymore, it is too tiring. He was blindfolded by the coach and told to perform a physical drill carrying another teammate. Coach kept on reminding him not to bother whether he is reaching his target, but to give his very best and keep on going, don't stop. And when the blindfold is finally released and with every bit of energy seeped, he finds himself not just achieving his target, but surpassing way beyond it.

But the giant's calling out my name
and he laughs at me
Reminding me all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again
"You'll never win!"

But the voice of truth
tells me a different story
And the voice of truth
says "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth
says "This is for My glory!"
Out of all the voices
calling out to me
I will choose to listen
and believe, the voice of truth.

.

With You, all things are possible. -Mark Willard

No comments: