Wednesday, June 2, 2010

and the wealthy

Quite spontaneous actually - or you could say it was meant to be - how during shower I actually thought about how spoon-fed i was ("i am" even?) since I was a little kid. Seeing how my parents provide (services mostly imma add) me with most of the privileges not many parents would be bothered doing. Seeing how they even arrange for me to move into tertiary education (I'm embarrassed to admit) says enough how dependent I am. I'd once in a while wonder how I'd survive without them.

Well, its not the first time I attend work in an office but internship for the second day has sprinkled on me that kind of wake-up call. Seeing how much more I need to learn (and being independent), how many times of extra effort I need to put in, to comfortably call myself stable, established, well-to-do, comfortable, and happy.

2 days at VKA Wealth Planners have so far been pretty good. But for now, we're still being treated like VIPs, but no guarantees for that in a week or two's time, when we will be out to venture and practice what "dull" head knowledge we've been instilled thus far. Lazy me would have to really bring myself up to be a dedicated and hard worker - the only route to larger rewards and experience. Quite different personalities my fellow interns have.

There was a 2-hour talk by 2 Fund Managers today. One, a Singaporean from Australia representing MAN Investments speaking on hedge and following the market trend, and of course, their skill to nick the extras from a trend and simultaneously limiting potential losses. The other, a Brazilian-looking American who flew in from the States, apparently from Castlestone speaking on Gold Bullion. Sitting alongside my fellow interns and mostly investors, I could understand majority of what they were talking about surprisingly. The basis is mostly on the knowledge we have obtained for the past 2 years in University. And of course, the 2 dudes were hired to encourage (lure, i'd say) investors (let me tell you, they are those typical bloody-rich aunties you have seen) to consider offshore investments as part of their investments portfolio. And for the second day, its 430pm signing off from work :)

No comments: