Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the very very late

And so, i came back late last night and for the second time this month, didn't bother switching on the comp to do the routine checking and this that (which will end up way into the morning). So I slept after bathing and woke up and decided to do more chores!

Off I went for lunch, went to apply for Touch&Go Rapidpass Pelajar, which offers students 50% off, and a Touch&Go card instead of the boring ones. But apparently they said they are 'very strict' with their policies so I MUST get a certified hardcopy evidence with my student ID card. Meh, don't mind a trip on the train nyway. And then I came home washing the toilet and a few more this and that.

And so, tuning back, while I was on my way for lunch, this dude called me. He apparently is from IBM! Flashing back, the first ever company I applied for internship was IBM, with high hopes of securing a position there, especially since I submitted my resume through Mr. Chai Cheng Sheng ahem :) But they came SO LATE I wouldn't have thought I'd get an opportunity there, and also because time was running out! Not too smart apparently on their part. Although I don't mind going to where I'm set to go, which will commence in June and for 3 months, I felt quite abit of a loss, having missed the opportunity. Its not just the 3 months there, but if only I secure internship there, chances of re-entering after I graduate is several times higher! Its IBM man :( But nevertheless, I trust where God has placed me and I'm going to move on.

I was looking down the apartment yesterday. It was after a heavy downpour and the breeze was ongoing. The beautiful swimming pool glitters from the light reflection, and it was nothing but a perfect time and ambiance for a pleasant night swim. But I didn't have any spare clothes with me, so it remained just a wish. I would believe I'd go for another similar occasion before work comes about. Its way too good to miss. Yesterday I thought of many (probably less achievable) activities to do too.

Outstation trip might be possible if I choose to fork out money, rock climbing sounds impossible cos' its REALLY expensive especially without Eu Bing, Thursday i might just head to Richard's and jog with him till Bukit Gasing, and I will do my sprint hike up the mini mountain. It reminds of the same jog up trailing Gabriel from behind, pure adrenaline, sheer fun. I reminisced cycling moments too, when I used to follow my brother with a junky bicycle from behind when he cycles out to godknowswhere, and he will feel annoyed; probably going to do illegal activities or meet the gf or anything random. And there was once, as if you will be surprised, I skidded on the slippery sandy area, bleeding over, and bro turned back and helped me home. Just one of the few accidents I had with cycling. It remains one of my favourite activities, but I don't get any more of that nowadays. Now, I wish for a bike hahaha.

Speaking of budget control, I have lost my futsal shoes awhile ago, and I'm apparently reluctant to buy a new one. Odd much considering its Han Jung? I don't know, I'm just suddenly not willing to spend a few hundred buying shoes. So last Sun's futsal I was using Jon Lee's shoe (I don't know it just ended up at my house then he left for the States thereafter) and my toes hurt! Stupid Adidas shoes, ZERO comfort, ZERO performance hmph.

I have tons more of chores to do still, some requiring to travel here and there like today's, some seems so much a nuisance I couldn't bother doing but I'll still do it eventually. Other than that, its all relaxing for me, part of gearing up for working in a little less than 2 weeks' time. Owh I am partially going to miss going to University. And the lecturers do work during the breaks, what an effort we students don't appreciate, not to mention know of. Since I don't get to download movies from Uni that easily, I'll be re-watching some. Okay, its getting long. Fullstop.

No comments: