Thursday, May 6, 2010

i'm a pathetic piece of soul...

...or is it my car, maybe both :/ Was driving to lunch happily then i realized something weird, the air-conditioner is coughing out slightly warm air. i check my damn temperature meter (it has been a problem pretty recently) and damnit it was near the H(ot) white line! WOAH i immediately turned off the air-con and wound down the window, still crawling along with the awfully stagnated traffic, even managed a desperate prayer. I was (finally) en route to my destination after some time of blind searching. But our dear friend just got hotter, its has reached friken red warning zone and then towards the next border white meter line! I was starting to panic and started having kiddie yet emergency questions like "What will happen if it goes even hotter?!" "Should I carry on? I'm so near already!" "What if it EXPLODES and I become ashes!" "What if the engine (only) blows and I'd cause a whole center stage drama presentation in the middle of a swamp of vehicles, a hundred pairs of eyes?!" "Is it time to die...?" :(

Not sure if it was heaven I have arrived, but I saw a bus stop where I could pull over and just run as far as possible from the car (just kidding). Struggling right at the end, car couldn't start but restarted and I fortunately pulled over, nicely parked. It was really astonishing and terrifying driving a car which has probably gone feverish beyond feverish. So I survived, had a bloated lunch, even drove the car home. My dad came over to help get sorted out, but I have to say the car was probably just competent enough to steer me home without any major tragedy. It WILL be fixed (yet again) tonight! I even requested dad not to tell bro. My privilege is that he has to work at this time and will not know anything! :) But really, they should perhaps regret deciding on having a major revamp of the car instead of forking out more to buy a new one. It is, in my terms, "unsavable" already, and the more (we have probably send it to the mechanic at least 4 times this time around) we fix it, the more problems exist. On a random thought, the brother (on a better mood) and I were talking about choosing in between 3 RM70k - RM80k cars, between the new Mazda2, the new Honda City and the Kia Forte. Yeah, I presume, just empty talks.

As I have complained, this crazy brother gets insane when he goes through an emo spell, in which I have endured since my memory started operating (you can ask my twin, she probably endures this as much as I do). He will launch a typical rampage, butchering me verbally with all kinds of incredulous absurd statements. Well for the car, i literally SHUT UP just because I'm using his now. Wait till I become more successful than him, and have an OWN car of mine. He is just simply disrespectful and still fail to control his emotions at such an age, so disappointed, the supposed role model. I even complained it to dad just now, and he shrewdly reminded me not to get affected too much/long but focus on my priorities now, to study hard.

Enough of ramblings, I completed my second paper yesterday! It was a major one, which I stayed on the night, fervently attempting to cover as much as possible. Having the perfectionist kiasu attitude at this stage isn't all that bad. I had a very brief nap to reset the mind (just like that of your computer), and I woke up feeling like SHIT! The spin in the head was surreal, I was looking frantically for composure and I obtained it after some time. I couldn't afford to look for it too long anyway. After that, the engine ran smoothly, with lubricant aka adrenaline all pumped I headed for exam unwaveringly. Unfortunately, our brilliant punctuality of public transport halted the progress and I was half an hour late but it only added to my determination. A full-blooded 1.5 hours of solid writing and I managed just to complete the tough paper. I started revising on the subject, having found no reason to believe that I could do this paper. There were just so many tough chapters to cover, and I couldn't seem to grip it. But as I slowly recovered, I realized, if I could just ignore how difficult it is going to be and just focus on doing my best to study through it, I can do it. I did.

I headed home with maximum satisfaction, caught the buses right on time early enough to go to Midv for 6.30pm's Ip Man2. I arrived as late as I was for my exam but the movie was simply worth it I have to say. At the end after Ip Man defeated the Twister, quite bloodily, he modestly told the damn European crowd, "My defeat of Twister today, isn't to prove that Chinese martial arts is better than the Western. Everyone has different statuses in life, but we are all equal. All I wish for, is that we (the Westerners and the Chinese) learn to understand and respect each other. That's all, thanks." What a moment, what a glorious glory, so humble, so emotional. And then, the whites one by one stood up, accompanied by applauses of nothing but respect for the legendary Wing Chun grandmaster.

Today has been so relaxing, I probably need to gear up again for the next paper on Monday. And for now, it has been nothing but a smooth sail.





DONNIE YEN as YIP MAN

No comments: