Thursday, December 4, 2008

fortitude

I'm back from uni, just though. Our all-notorious rapid KL bus has been at it again the past days, testing my patience with their awful-typical tardy arrival. I wasn't a kid this time like how i reacted the previous time it happened though. With the pleasant reminder that the petrol price is currently rm1.90 - i'm still not saying its REALLY cheap yet though coz we should still be privileged with a lower figure, I decided I should drive there to avoid missing half the Economics lesson, and bring forward discussions for the Econs assignment with my group.

Today's highlight isn't about the bus nor Econs though. It was badminton fitness test! I managed to bring myself and my jelly-like body back after a physically gruelling, energy-sapping, psychologically draining examination. Thought it was a test well accomplished and relieving.

Well the test starts with maximum abilities through a one-minute run up of 6 different activities:

1st: 4-count-squat-thrust is a regular fitness test for badminton players; consisting of 4 motions, first from standing position to squatting with hands laid parallel beside your feet, secondly to the push-up position, then third motion returns to the squatting and lastly back on your feet. I did 34.5 times this one.

2nd: press-up or more commonly, push-up or pumping. by this time slight strains within my body were already seeping through after pushing hard for activity 1, but still felt fresh. I totally broke down when i reached milestone 40.

3rd: star jump! Yeah as obvious as the name describes it. From squatting posture, jump up and look like the twinkling star and back to the original position as one round. Ermm 32 or 34 i think..

4th: trunk curl or as easily, sit-up! 37 times.

5th: wrist-rolling. Supposedly a weight dangling in the middle and rolling the wrist but apparently our Sir - whom he famed himself as a former malaysian badminton coach, said the equipment were missing so we got an automatic 20 rounds for this.

6th but not least: shuttle run. From baseline surge up front and touch the imaginery line bottom of the net and backward run back. 12!

Mind you its all 6 at one time, what on earth.

Fatigue simply overpowered any kind of motivation that could come to my head.

All of us were looking like zombies when we completed. 6 activities at one go (yes brief intervals after every one activity) were quite taxing. Sir said we need to do 3 more rounds! We were sensibly moaning like a big baby. He added the real test is supposedly 6 rounds, up to you to trust that, i don't haha. But the 1/3 dosage of our achievement, meaning sit-ups me 37, divided by 3 rounded up is 12. The 3 rounds run simulataneously till the end to test your overall endurance, how fast you can complete the entire course, subsequently pulse reading, to examine how quick you recover. Nah i just find it interesting to describe the whole experience thoroughly, do bare with me. Never had a test like this my whole life. Hope the legs can carry itself for casual badminton tomorrow though. That 3-rounded speed test, the worst 6mins 10secs of my life, well at least almost. As if the first part was not enough.

Erm dinner at Sri Kembangan with my buddies thereafter and lotsa conversations! Fun fun. And a smooth and swift journey back home. I think my body is yearning for a bath and a well-deserved recuperation for some time already. Good night!

No comments: