Friday, August 29, 2008

arrival of the new born

When i was slightly younger - or perhaps it has always been my family's "trend" - I used to bombard my wardrobe with all sorts of branded stuff. From tees to shirts, pants, shoes, watches and whatever a mortal wears. At this time where my mind start to think more rationally, gaining an asset means alot to me - not an additional item to show off about but something I have truly contemplated about having and having it because i truly need it, not want.
.
This time around comes a laptop. Its a silky Espresso Brown Dell Inspiron 1420 with optimal features for a student like me. I was pretty surprised the whole ordering and delivering process was swift and somewhat simple. But the whole process of asking for permission to buy an expensive item was incredibly arduous. Tons of ad populum appeal to indirect consequences and ad populum appeal to a false dilemma were implied. Mum is the only person in the family who understands the true value of saving and never fails to protest most of our proposed purchases - and not short of this one too.
.
"I spend all morning and afternoon in the university on weekdays and often i feel effortless because there's nothing i can do during breaks. When assignments come along, I'll be left behind because back home at night is the only time i could complete it. Furthermore, by the time i reach home, it already is night and I'll be drained from the whole eventful day. If i carry on like this, I'm going to be too far behind in assignments and studies and will fail my exams! If i don't get a laptop immediately, I'm afraid I might never make it out of my Beta year - not to mention complete my course!
.
Well, I suppose this kind of fallacy isn't a bad method to persuade right? Well, like I said before, I have thought through thoroughly before making a stand on this decision. I'm quite optimistic it will help me spend my free time in university in a meaningful way, thus enhancing my chances of scoring better in examinations - with the additional period of studying. God bless you!
.
The all-exclusive Dell Inspiron 1420 Espresso Brown - doesn't look too espresso here does it?
.
Pic from Inspiron 1420's Integrated 2.0 mega pixel webcam

1 comment:

melissakeong said...

I was suppose to get the exact same model.better specs and cheaper price. now my 1.3 megapixels motion eye is not even functioning already. sobs sobs..